Nerd Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expanding Your Mind One Nerdy Subject At A Time

HomeSocial MediaSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So many great interviews, how do you pick one?!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

So many great interviews, how do you pick one?! Empty
PostSubject: So many great interviews, how do you pick one?!   So many great interviews, how do you pick one?! EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 6:30 pm

Derek has done so many great interviews with so many interesting people, which is your favorite? His latest interview Jason David Frank, also known as the Green Power Ranger from Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, is definitely a good one. 

Check out The Derek Diamond Experience Facebook here!

So many great interviews, how do you pick one?! Derekd11
Back to top Go down
https://nerdcaveforum.forumotion.com/forum
Derek Diamond

PostSubject: Re: So many great interviews, how do you pick one?!   So many great interviews, how do you pick one?! EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 12:04 am

These are really tough to pick because all the interviews are unique in their own way. And including the roundtable episodes has been a blast and one of my favorite things to do recording wise. So here's my list (for now as I have no doubt it will change sooner or later)

TOP 5 DEREK DIAMOND EXPERIENCE EPISODES

(Honorable Mentions)

10. Cheers Roundtable (Ep #111)
9. The Unicorn Wranglers (Ep #1)
8. Jim Cummings (Ep #73)
7. Wild Men (Ep #46)
6. Claudia Wells (Ep #93)

#5: The Unicorn Wranglers Return (Ep #21)
For those that have listened to my show since the beginning, you know about The Unicorn Wranglers, a local indie rock band who are not only good friends of mine, but they also provide the show's theme music. Their second appearance on the show is easily my favorite of theirs for two reasons. One, it provides an inside look at their Murder Mystery Night album. Two, the interview was just flat out hilarious! Our mutual friend Travis joined us for the interview and we all spent half the time laughing. Travis tells a hilarious story about an incident at a CiCi's Pizza bathroom that you have to hear to believe!!

#4: Laura Hall (Ep #123)
This one was a very special interview for me. Whose Line is it Anyway was one of my favorite shows growing up, and getting to talk to someone who was (and still is) an important part of it was a dream come true. When I think of Whose Line, I think of watching it with my parents every week and laughing like I never had before (or since). Plus getting to learn more about Laura (the fact that she's in a band and grew up in the Chicago improv scene) was great, and she was very kind as well.

#3: Star Wars Roundtable (Ep #126 & 127)
Star Wars is easily my all-time favorite film franchise, so eventually doing a roundtable discussion on the series was a no-brainer. The end result was a 3 hour and 10 minute recording session, not including breaks, so we were all together that night from 7 PM until midnight! And there were things we still left out of the discussion (I like to think we saved them for part 3). But we talked prequels, the originals, the future of the franchise, and so much more. Easily my favorite roundtable.

#2: Jason David Frank (Ep #132)
Like a lot of people my age, I was a huge Power Ranger fan growing up. So getting to interview not just a Power Ranger, but possibly the most popular Ranger of all was absolutely insane. I was floored by not only how open he was with answering questions, but how grateful he is to all his fans. Hearing his stories about being on set of Power Rangers and appearing at various cons were awesome and something I thought may not ever happen. Plus, the episode numbers exploded on social media once he posted it on his page. Within hours it became my most downloaded show ever.

#1: Jake "The Snake" Plummer (Ep #50)
Coming in at number 1 is my interview with former NFL QB Jake Plummer. Partially because this was the first "celebrity" interview I ever did, but also because of how cool the guy was. And the interview happened only because a friend of mine said I should just ask him to do it. So I sent a tweet to Jake asking him to do the interview. Fast forward a couple of months later and we're talking over Skype. Getting to hear stories of what a college/NFL player goes through on a daily basis, plus his thoughts on the league today was mind-blowing and something I'll never forget.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So many great interviews, how do you pick one?!   So many great interviews, how do you pick one?! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 7:20 am

Wow! It's so awesome to get your perspective Derek! Getting to meet people you admire and sharing a conversation with them is a special experience. Thanks for talking about your favorites and giving us a behind the scenes look. I'm definitely envious and intrigued how your interviews, such as with Jake Plummer turned out. I think when you meet a celebrity, or someone you admire, and they turn out to be a jerk, the image you had of them is shattered. I'm glad that Jake "The Snake" was so cool. I think that experience would cause you and his other fans to love him more.
Back to top Go down
https://nerdcaveforum.forumotion.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So many great interviews, how do you pick one?!   So many great interviews, how do you pick one?! Empty

Back to top Go down

So many great interviews, how do you pick one?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nerd Cave Forum :: Nerd Cave Network Shows :: The Derek Diamond Experience-
Jump to: