Nerd Cave Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expanding Your Mind One Nerdy Subject At A Time

HomeSocial MediaSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Books

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Favorite Books Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Books   Favorite Books EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:13 pm

I have always enjoyed getting lost in books and stories since I was a kid. There are many books I like, but there are few that really have grabbed my attention. However, there are books and series that are tried and true to me. Below are some of my favorites, in no particular order, with some explanation as to why I love them.

1. Harry Potter Series
    - I love HP with a passion. I love the books, movies, played some of the games, and even been to HP Wizarding World in Orlando 3 or 4 times. It all started with the books though, and J.K. Rowling's magical universe is matched by no other, in my opinion. I have read the books numerous times and probably will again. 

2. The Hobbit
    - I have not read the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I have read the book that started it all. When I first read the book in 6th grade, it was a challenging read for me. However, I think the challenge is what made me love it more. I always thought that fantasy books and stories were for kids, however, this was written for all ages. I personally loved and related to the idea of a small hobbit, who was essentially no one, being a part of this great adventure. 

3. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
    - I honestly don't know how many times I have read this book. I have always love the particular book of the Chronicles of Narnia. When I was in second or third grade, I remember going to the library with my mom and checking out this book. I loved it so much - the idea of escaping to this magical world within your wardrobe where there are talking animals that live in cozy hideaways. I don't know if anyone else out there has seen it, but there was a 3 or 4 part movie made in the 80's, I believe, of this book and it was so good. It ws much more detailed than the film that came out a few years ago. Although, Liam Neeson as Aslan in pretty awesome lol. (I never could get into the other books of the series, but I may try again one day.)

4. The Phantom Tollbooth
    - This book might not be familiar to some of you. I read this I believe when I was 10 or 11 and it has always been a favorite of mine. It is another book of a kid going on an unexpected adventure. (are you seeing a pattern? lol) However, the world that the main character goes to is very unusual - there are strange languages and different kingdoms where there are different forms of logical thinking. I don't want to give anything away, but I would definitely recommend looking it up. 

There are many other books I like so I don't want to make too exhaustive of a list, otherwise I'll be typing for hours. Let us know your favorite books and why you love them so much.
Back to top Go down
https://nerdcaveforum.forumotion.com/forum

Favorite Books
Page 1 of 1